Share to Shop - International Affiliate PromotionAffiliate Signup Link - http://eepurl.com/CRMJb
What is this all about?
For the first time in our history, Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library has put together an international promotion that welcomes the involvement of all program affiliates and their members! Thanks to our wonderful sponsors, we will be giving away 2 great prizes (one for the public winner and one for the affiliate winner).
What are the prizes?
Public – For the general public, your social network fans and subscribers as well as parents and grandparents of your registered children will all be able to enter to win a $1,000.00 visa gift card by using a special web address that we, your support team, will provide to each affiliate that signs up to participate (signup here - http://eepurl.com/CRMJb).
Please note, the following important guidelines:
- All operating affiliates of Dolly Parton's Imagination Library may participate.
- Each participating affiliate must complete this form to be given a special web address for tracking which will be linked to their mnemonic code.
- Multiple mnemonic codes may NOT be combined!
- Contest begins Saturday, August 31, 2013 @ 1AM EST
- Contest ends on Sunday, September 15, 2013 @ 11PM EST
- Employees, contractors and full-time volunteers of The Dollywood Foundation as well as affiliate coordinators, data clerks, members of their organizations and their immediate families are not eligible to win the public prize ($1,000.00 USD Visa Card).
- The affiliate that generates the most visits and entries via their supplied web address will win an autographed, life-size Dolly Parton stand-up.
Affiliate – Out of all participating affiliates, the affiliate that generates the most registrations and overall visits to their special provided web address will win an autographed life size Dolly Parton stand-up.
How do I participate?
In order for your affiliate organization to participate, you must first complete this form to receive your special web address: Click here to complete the form - http://eepurl.com/CRMJb.
Once you’ve completed your form, your support team will create a special web address for your affiliate and email that information along with all the images and information that you can then use to help promote your special page.
Sample Contest Web Page
To see an example of what your special page would look like, click here - http://bit.ly/156yaFw.
Once there you will notice that each page has:
· Information at the top that explains the contest to the public viewers.
· Directly below that info is the entry area which allows viewers to enter by email, Facebook and multiple other ways.
· Below the entry box is a complete set of FAQS for your viewers as well as information on alternative ways of entering in case they don’t use social media or wish not to share their email.
How do I know how many entries and overall visits my page has?
As your viewers visit your page and enter the contest, share with their friends and family, etc., we will use your special link and track each and every visit and interaction. All affiliate’s special links will be tracked by Bit.ly. You can access that page here although we ask that you not share this with the general public - http://bitly.com/bundles/sdprofessionals/2.
*As affiliate’s pages climb in visitors, they also climb on the promotion website. To see who is in the lead, visit http://bit.ly/12pyuhx and view the list on the right under “MOST VIEWS CURRENTLY”.
How do I tell people about my special web address?
Your support team has put together multiple images that you can use to promote your contest page (your special web address). To access and download those images, visit this link - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxGQ1Z0VwA4tUXVTaHZISjBYeVE&usp=sharing.
Promoting On Facebook
To promote your contest page on Facebook, we recommend that you follow this formula for best results:
- Provide a Call-To-Action text
- End your sentence with your special web address
- Share a related image provided by DPIL
Enter to win $1,000.00 and help support [your community name here]!
Remember, the more you share, the more chances you have at winning! – Click here to enter [your special web address here] #DPILShareToWin
School supplies drain your bank account?
We’re giving one lucky winner a $1,000.00 Back-To-School Shopping Spree!
The more you share, the better your chances! Enter Now – [share your special web address]
We’re giving one lucky winner $1,000.00!
Help tell the world about @Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library and you could win our $1,000.00 Back-To-School Shopping Spree! Click here to enter [your special web address] #DPILShareToWin
Promoting on Google+ (PLUS)
You can use the examples or write something similar for Google + just remember, to use the same hashtag for all (#DPILShareToWin).
Promoting on Twitter
You could use the same or similar samples as mentioned above but we recommend less for Twitter. Here an example:
Want to win $1k and help support @DollysLibrary? Here’s how – [insert your special web address here]
When working in Facebook & Google+ we believe that sharing a photo/image will produce more interactions than if you were to only share text or a link. On the other hand, we think Twitter gives better interaction with short and simple blurbs as mentioned above.
Promoting with MailChimp
For those of you with a MailChimp account, using any one of the images provided and your special web address link, you can send an email to your parent subscribers urging them to enter the contest. This is a fantastic way to generate a lot of buzz especially when you are actually giving something away! If you do not use MailChimp but would like to, let us know and we will help you with that.
In addition to each affiliate taking part in the promotion, our fantastic sponsors will also send a newsletter to tell their subscribers and fans about the contest.
Promoting on your website
If you have a website, we recommend you share your link and an image on your website and/or blog for the duration of the promotion.