Congratulations on adding MailChimp!
Please take just a few moments to review the information below to ensure that you adhere to the policies in place by The Dollywood Foundation and MailChimp.
- Using MailChimp to directly solicit donations and support to an external list of people that are NOT parents or legal guardians of currently registered children is perfectly acceptable.
- Ideas for newsletter subject matter for parents and legal guardians of children currently registered and active:
- Be Informative – Provide them with fun information and reading activities to participate in with their child/children.
- Event News - Spread the word to everyone about an event you have scheduled like maybe a book reading event or it can even be a fundraising event!
- We recommend that you send to your parents and grandparents no more than once per month. Although this is not the standard in some industries, we recommend this because we see the lowest unsubscribe and complaint rates by doing so.
- For more newsletter etiquette have a look at MailChimp’s resources here: http://blog.mailchimp.com/email-marketing-etiquette-lesson-1/.
We do hope this information is helpful and please feel free to reach out to us if you have further questions.